Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tired!

So not much has been going on in baby prep because I have been exhausted, I have managed to crochet a few things and make some toybags but for the most part I am just wanting to sleep.

The toy bags are inspiring and I will be using the pattern to make dry bags for our diaper bag and the nursery to store all the cloth diapers. I think I have a good pattern that should stitch the waterproof material to much and will avoid wicking of moisture through the thread. That is my goal for this evening.

Got all the bedding washed and a sheet on the mattress, we are getting very excited for the dresser to arrive, so that the changing station can be moved from the floor and all the fun cloth diapers can get put away. Hopefully by next Friday, fingers crossed.

Besides feeling tired I have been feeling a lot of downward pressure. Hard to describe, but all of the sudden a sharp feeling down in there. Not like the wierd sensation when lil bud has the hiccups or stretches it's arms and I feel like it is reaching out my vagina (but wow, wouldn't it be nice if that is what labor was like?), more pressure and a bit of pain. I don't think it is a worrisome pain but definitely a reality check that this unknow sized being has to come out via that route.

Otherwise things are good. Our midwife appointment last Wednesday went well. Nothing surprising. Heartbeat is good, no strep B bacterial in my vagina, 8 pounds of weight gained and 37 cm measurement, which is 1 cm larger than I have been to date. I return the morning of February 1st and then I believe will start weekly appointments. I am debating over the station checking. Do I want to get my hopes up if I am progressing, or feel bad that I am not, or just go with things and know that my body will do things at its own pace and trust in that? I am voting for the latter, as I feel that trusting my body is the best route for a sucessful labor.

Maybe for fun we can have a baby born on the day the Bears win the superbowl for the first time in 22 years! Oh the stories there would be.

No comments: