
So in true dad fashion, Ben suprised me completely with a great gift that we will have years of fun playing with along with our children. He took the remaining segement of our chuppah (which he had told me he had burned in the smoker) to make these incredible wooden blocks. We are going to make some tree cookies as good platform and base pieces and then build the worlds most kickin' towers. I had an awesome one last night that Ben couldn't resist knocking over- Boys!

He was even sneaky enough to try and get me to make a bag for them prior to giving the gift. Saying he really needed it for his fishing stuff. I unfortunately didn't get it done, actually fortunately because I was wary to use fabric that I intended to use on kid things for something like ben's waders and reels, so by waiting I got to use the fun frog fabric that I have been holding out on using until the perfect project presented itself- which it did and voila, a perfect block bag. Finished off with a fun frog bias tape of sorts and a crocheted hemp tie. Oh and the teal colored gingham for the inside, the bag is very strong and should be able to handle the weight for years to come.

Plus the blocks are completely non toxic and will pose no threat to any child (or adult) that would like to chew on them. Ben sanded them with Timmy's belt sander (thanks tim!) then by hand and then polished them up with mineral oil.
They are everything one could ask for in a wooden block.

No comments:
Post a Comment