Thursday, December 21, 2006

Good Luck


So on Monday we moved everything out of the babies room, we went and bought paint and Ben was antsy to get started. This desk finally got moved to the garage and we started feeling a little like we weren't going to sell it. Ben posted it on Craig's list a few weeks back with no hits.

But as luck has it the day we move it out of the room, become okay with the possibility of not selling it we get a call and with an hour the thing is out of our house and we have some cold hard cash. So meant to be.

The painting is coming along. Nothing fancy, new clean white walls and a light yellow trim. I will post pictures as we progress.

Midwife appointment yesterday was fabulous. All of my bloodwork is great, I am really good at metabolizing sugar with a count of 79 after the orange crush type drink- 140 is where you have to be to necessitate the gestational diabetes second screening. So I am all set to indulge in holiday sweets. My blood count/iron/hemoglobin was over 14- a good reading is 11. Nothing bad in the urine, at this point they are looking for signs of pre-eclempsia, no swelling and the baby is still head down. As she felt the head, it hurt a bit, my muscles are a bit sore in my lower abdomen, but it just felt like the head was locked into position. I don't know if that is possible, but I don't think this child is going to be doing any turning- which is great.

Been reading a lot of the birthing from within book, which is such a great resource compared to our Preparing for childbirth lady- thank you Katie for that great gift. So much self empowerment which I need. I have been good at doing kegals and started some perinial massage and stretching- which I won't detail here, but you can research it for your self.

Baby is still kicking strongly, the 32nd week ends tomorrow and this is supposedly the peak of the kicking action- space is becomming more limited, so I am also guessing that is the nice way of saying is will also become uncomfortable for me.

We got our new camera on Tuesday, it has such a fast shutter speed, so we are going to be able to capture lots of moments of this little one.

No comments: