Friday, December 29, 2006

33 weeks Complete


So I am feeling good, have been actually sleeping great, and nothing food wise sounds good except Mexican. Ben has been making soup and while it is nice, it just isn't satifying my food need. Not that I am hungry, I have just not really been enjoying food. My bagel and cream cheese in the morning is great, but we normally go down hill from there. I just don't know what I want and seem to not want anything that is available.

The baby is still very active, moving lots, it is definitely different, but still a lot of movement and you can see that just below the surface of my belly. My belly button stretched sideways this week and 2 nights ago I really felt like my skin was stretched to the max, but realize I still have 6 weeks of stretching left to go. thank goodness for the lotion bars that we made... they are keeping everything nice and smooth.

We took a walk in Busey woods yesterday, such a gorgeous day, had to let lil bud get some sunlight. Please note the burn on my belly, from the iron and christmas crafting. I have definitely been having a few issues with the belly getting in the way- ironing, doing the dishes, tying my shoes. There is a certain way that the baby sits that just inhibits these activities. Being short doesn't help, all counter tops are at my belly height, I need just a 4 inch step stool to get me just above the counter.

Week 34 starts today, hard to believe that my due date is 7 weeks away and that I will be full term in 5 weeks. I have some work to do.

I am trying to figure out what I want my labor project to be. Should it be craft related, maybe organizational related? I want to be moving around, so I don't want it to be a sitting project, I don't think that I want to scrub the kitchen floors, but it may come to something like that. I am also working on a list of things that I need to get done before the baby arrives. Like completing the hem on the curtains, getting all the lint out of the basement, creating a good laundry space, replacing the shower head so that we don't need a washcloth to prevent it from spraying the ceiling, make pad for rocking chairs, that kind of stuff. We do have 5 casserole type dinners in the freezer which is good, I will make some pizza dough in advance and would also like to make some lasagna... anything with pasta sounds really good right now as well, and really I want guacamole... thankfully Ben bought me an avocado yesterday at the coop. oh yes, I really want some enchilada, maybe I will start some sauce tonight... cilantro/jalepeno pesto mmmmmm.

Too bad it isn't even close to lunch time yet :(

No comments: