Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Fun Toys


I am going to have to hold back a bit so that I don't post all of the pictures that I took. Here we have Duck, Duck and Frog, some friends I have made for little bud. Thanks to Cathy who found the wonderfully easy duck pattern that really made me understand the structure of working with crochet so that I am able to make up my own patterns.
Below we have the food that will help little bud be a conscientious eater. While we can’t force them to care, we are definitely going to impart the importance of knowing where your food comes from and how it is grown. Plus stuff like this is just so good at inspiring creative play. I am still working on radishes, tomatoes, pumpkins, cucumbers and more- there is so much crocheting to do! Ben has been a great help developing patterns, and we are so happy that it is seed catalog time- great inspiration.

Here are some closeups of the veggies. I abolutely adore the peas in the pod am still trying to find a good color to do scarlet and purple carrots (things come in all colors) and also searching for a varigated yarn that will make good indian corn.

No comments: