So we are attempting to get ourselves set up for the world
of cloth diapering. Last Thursday I cut out my pattern for cloth diapers and Friday night I sewed up my first diaper (pictured above and at sides). There was a little bit of a struggle, but I am pleased with the result. I didn't suffer to many catastrophes with the elastic and am not as fearful as I once was. I think I came up with
some solutions to help out and definitely learned from this first one and will be making more soon. I bought the terrycloth and really everything on line at a diaper supply site, which made it pretty easy. This was also one of my first velcro involved projects I think a thicker velcro on the front of wraps will suit them well and help out with
adjusting the size, but I haven't broken out the waterproof material quite yet. Maybe next week. I have some cute sage green to work with as well for the diapers. they have an incredibly ugly color brown sandwiched between the two layers, but who cares, it isn't in view. These diapers should be for the first stages of life, I am hoping up to five months, but realistically I need to see them
compared to a baby to know if I have created a proper size for that age.I made wipes back in July with the girls, they went well and then became obsessed with all the cute flannel that there is out there, see blanket post for more of that.
I did have a ton of fun with all the fun flannel making these wipes. I know that they won't stay organized like this once they are being used, but I can't help it for right now. I guess everyone has their ideal of what they want things to be like, but knowing that really is never going to be the case is the true challenge.

No comments:
Post a Comment