...was much better than the first. The tech that started off with us was really nice. She used a fun device to listen for the heart beat. I though we were going to be using a stethoscope, but no this instrument had gel and all. She did prep us by saying that she hadn't been having much luck, so I was listening patiently and after a couple of minutes it was quite apparently a beating heart that did not belong to me. I just laid back, closed my eyes, smiled and enjoyed the minute that we got to listen to Little Bud, it was like the debut. there really is a human growing in me... a bit of a freaky reality but amazing. 175 beats/minute! Such a fast rate.
So that was awesome. Then we met the mid-wife, who I loved. I though she was great. She checked all the internal stuff to make sure it was okay. Healthy cervix. I am relieved. There is just so much waiting to make sure that things are going well. She felt my uterus, as did Ben, which is growing properly.
I also passed all of my bloodwork, no need for a glucose test, and my pee was good too. I don't even need to bring in first morning urine, which I didn't bring in anyway... regardless.
so overall a great visit and things are progressing well. Our sonagram is scheduled for the 26th of September right in time to take pictures out to Ben's family when we drive out.
Thursday, July 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment