Friday, February 16, 2007

Still here, Still pregnant

I don’t know how many more posts you should be expecting pre-baby. Hopefully little bud will grace us with its presence soon (over the weekend?). Francine has been pushing me to wait for the arrival of the Chinese New Year, which begins on Sunday and is the year of the pig.
As of yesterday, everything is still proceeding great. The midwife did tell me that I was in good spirits and when I told her about how I was feeling and stuff, she recommended that we not do the internal check, so for those of you dieing to know how dilated I am or how soft my cervix is you will just have to be patient like the rest of us.
I have definitely been experiencing more contractions and ones that have a tiny bit of pain. They are more like I just did hundreds of sit-ups and feel sore types of pain, but still help me determine when the contractions are coming. I am for sure ready for the labor to begin. I want to meet this little creature moving around inside of me. I can feel the little feet, heals and a bum, and can’t wait to see it all wrinkly and covered in lovely bodily fluids! I have a little bit more laudry to do- I suppose that will never end really, there is always more. The living room curtains are done, and I really feel like there is nothing more I can do at home to be prepared. Cleaning chores are constant, but no matter how many times we sweep or dust, that is always going to be there, so I’m not too concerned about that.

My creativity has apparently vanished. I have had to stop myself on a few occasions because my head is just not thinking clearly. I think that I could do some simple knitting or crocheting by following a pattern, but I need to stay away from design- it is as if I have lost rational thought and a bit of my common sense. I should definitely not be making any decisions, which is why thankfully I have Ben to do the thinking and relaying of my feelings at this time.
Still working, although I believe I will leave a bit early today- just tired. I am hoping to lead my last preschool program tomorrow morning, and then quietly go into a peaceful labor stage, head home, relax, work on my labor project and become a mother sometime on Sunday… Wow what plans, I don’t know that I truly believe that this would be the case at all, but I can dream. If there is no baby by Thursday, we are back in for some tests to make sure that the baby is still happy and then talk about the possibility of induction- an idea I am not to much a fan of, but whatever is necessary to get this baby out in a safe way is what we will do.
Everyone please send thoughts of a good labor!
Kate

No comments: