Thursday, November 16, 2006

Piecing it Together

So we have spent a great deal of time working on the nursery and I am loving my upstairs craft room, it is very very cozy.

On Monday of this week, we decided after looking at so many cribs and being completely overwhelmed to just go and buy the one that we liked best and met all of our criteria, so the next day (Tuesday if you are trying to follow) Ben got it picked up and set up. I have of coursed covered it with all the blankets and toys that I have made, but it is helping fill the empty room. We are going to head back down to Arthur to hopefully match a dresser and then can get all the changing station area crap together. I will be ordering some diapers next week and am excited to figure out how things will work for us.

We will complete week 27 and start week 28 tomorrow, which is kind of sad as it marks the end of the second trimester, but is exciting as we are 2/3 of the way done and only have a little more time to wait to meet this little bud.
Went to a water birth class on Tuesday night, it was great, got to watch two woman give birth in the tub and am starting to think about the realities of the birthing process. I am not scared but a bit daunted by the whole thing, I know it is going to painful and intense, but the though of seeing this little person finally outside of my body is such an inspiration and brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.
Another bonus is that Ben has agreed to play as much skip bo as I want while in labor- he may live to regret that and hopefully I won't be to poor of a loser if he manages to beat me at a game.

I am starting pre-natal yoga tonight, my birthday present from the baby-daddy (Ben's preferencial name to partner). I am a little nervous, I don't know if I am cool enough to hang with the other pregnant, yoga going moms- so we will see how it goes. Keep fingers crossed that I am not bored and I learn stuff, that it is interactive and not too difficult. I haven't taken to many yoga classed, but they are definately more Ben's speed than mine.

I am meeting with my doula again next Tuesday to start discussing her role in the birth, and then back to the midwives on Wednesday before we leave for Wisconsin. I have a second glucose test- bring on the yummy orange crush style drink- hope I pass because it will be holiday season with lots of sweets and I don't know if I will be able to say no! I am not nevous about bloodwork this time as the needle was so tiny last time and wasn't painful at all.

Second trimester comes to an end tomorrow, little bud is kicking up a storm and making my belly move. I am going to pretend that the second trimester just keeps on going because it really has been great. I am staying active, not waddling too much, still peeing in the middle of the night- on the toilet- but not much discomfort.

Baby is 15 inches long- at least that is what the books tell me and weighs just over 2 pounds, just hanging out in me- still such a crazy thing!

K

No comments: